Entertainment: Peyton Place
|born on||15 September 1964 at 21:30 (= 9:30 PM )|
|Place||New York, New York, 40n43, 74w00|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||23°13' 16°48 Asc. 22°36'|
American prime-time soap opera which aired on ABC in half-hour episodes from 15 September 1964 to 2 June 1969. Loosely based upon the 1956 novel of the same name by Grace Metalious, the series was preceded by a 1957 film adaptation. A total of 514 episodes were broadcast, in black-and-white from 1964 to 1966 and in color from 1966 to 1969.
A number of guest stars appeared in the series for extended periods, among them Dan Duryea, Susan Oliver, Leslie Nielsen, Gena Rowlands, and Lee Grant, who won an Emmy Award for Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Drama for her role of tough-as-nails Stella Chernak. The series served as the springboard for such performers as Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, Christopher Connelly, David Canary, Mariette Hartley, and Lana Wood.
Peyton Place was an instant hit; especially in the early years, when it had a loyal following from fans around the world. The show's downfall began in September 1966. Ratings dropped after Mia Farrow's departure. By 1968, most of the original characters had been written out of the show, in many cases at their own request. Critics agreed the show had become 'dated' and, because of the constant change in characters, confusing as well. Peyton Place was cancelled on 2 June 1969.
- associate relationship with Beck, Kimberly (born 9 January 1956). Notes: Played Kim Schuster, 1965-1966
- associate relationship with Dee, Ruby (born 27 October 1922). Notes: Played Alma Miles, 1968-1969
- associate relationship with Douglas, James (born 20 May 1929). Notes: Played Steven Cord, 1964-1969
- associate relationship with Farrow, Mia (born 9 February 1945). Notes: Played Allison MacKenzie, 1964-1966
- associate relationship with Grant, Lee (born 31 October 1926). Notes: Played Stella Chernak, 1965-1966
- associate relationship with Malone, Dorothy (born 29 January 1924). Notes: Played Constance MacKenzie, 1964-1968
- associate relationship with Metalious, Grace (born 8 September 1924). Notes: Creator
- associate relationship with O'Neal, Ryan (born 20 April 1941). Notes: Played Rodney Harrington, 1964-1969
- associate relationship with Oliver, Susan (born 13 February 1932). Notes: Played Ann Howard, 1966
- associate relationship with Taylor-Young, Leigh (born 25 January 1945). Notes: Played Rachel Welles, 1966-1967
- business associate/partner relationship with Nielsen, Leslie (born 11 February 1926). Notes: Played Vincent and Kenneth Markham, 1965
Sy Scholfield quotes Daily News (New York, New York), 15 Sep 1964, pages 20, 21.
- Mundane : Misc. Mundane : Release dates (TV series)