Entertainment: I Love Lucy
|born on||15 October 1951 at 21:00 (= 9:00 PM )|
|Place||New York, New York, 40n43, 74w0|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||21°54' 04°31 Asc. 01°33'|
American television series often regarded as one of the greatest and most influential sitcoms in history. Starring Lucille Ball, Desi Arnaz, Vivian Vance, and William Frawley, the black-and-white series originally ran from 15 October 1951 to 6 May 1957 on CBS. After the series ended in 1957, however, a modified version continued for three more seasons with 13 one-hour specials; it ran from 1957 to 1960. It was first known as The Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Show and later in reruns as The Lucy–Desi Comedy Hour.
The show, which was the first scripted television program to be shot on 35 mm film in front of a studio audience, won five Emmy Awards and received numerous nominations. I Love Lucy was the most watched show in the United States in four of its six seasons.
- associate relationship with Arnaz, Desi (born 2 March 1917). Notes: Played Ricky Ricardo III, 1951-1957
- associate relationship with Ball, Lucille (born 6 August 1911). Notes: Played Lucy McGillicuddy Ricardo, 1951-1957
- associate relationship with Croft, Mary Jane (born 15 February 1916). Notes: Played Betty Ramsey, circa 1951-1957
- associate relationship with Pugh, Madelyn (born 15 March 1921). Notes: Writer
- associate relationship with Vance, Vivian (born 26 July 1909). Notes: Played Ethel Mertz, 1951-1957
Sy Scholfield quotes from New York Times, 15 Oct. 1951, p. 33.
- Notable : Awards : Emmy (Five)
- Mundane : Civic/Entertainment : Foundings
- Mundane : Misc. Mundane : Release dates