|Birthname||Marshall Bruce Mathers, III|
|born on||17 October 1972|
|Place||Saint Joseph, Missouri, 39n46, 94w51|
|Timezone||CDT h5w (is daylight saving time)|
American white rapper, songwriter and record producer, also known as Slim Shady, he has a solid reputation of vulgarity, exhibitionism, irreverence and rage, the apparent requisites for success with the youth culture at the turn of the 21st century. He is actually quite democratic about those whom he loathes, equally dissing parents, the media, fans, women, Christina Aguilera, gays and, of course, his wife, Kim. He sports a tattoo on his chest that reads "Kim: Rot in Pieces" and he writes songs about killing her.
Eminem has spoken so freely about growing up the "epitome of white trash" that his mother, Debbie Mathers-Briggs, 45, filed a $10 million defamation suit. Denying Eminem's claims that she used drugs, as he has alleged in interviews, Mathers-Briggs, co-owner of a cab company in St. Joseph, Missouri, also threatened to publish a tell-all book and release her own retaliatory rap.
On 1 April 2002, he agreed to pay $100,000 to construction worker John Guerra, 28, who alleged the rocker threatened him with a handgun in June 2000 in Warren, Michigan.
Eminem made his debut in the film industry with the musical drama film 8 Mile (2002), playing a fictionalized version of himself, and his track "Lose Yourself" from its soundtrack won the Academy Award for Best Original Song, making him the first hip hop artist ever to win the award.
On 16 August 2005 he canceled his upcoming European tour saying that he was being treated for exhaustion. On 14 January 2006 in Rochester Hills, Michigan, the rapper remarried his former wife from whom he had been divorced five years prior. Eighty-one days later, he filed for divorce for the second time. The divorce became final on 19 December 2006 in Macomb County, Michigan.
Their daughter Hailie was born on 25 December 1995 and they share joint custody of her. Eminem also has custody of Alaina, his sister-in-law Dawn's daughter, and Stevie, Kim's child from another relationship, who is non-binary. He also had legal custody of his younger half-brother Nathan.
- associate relationship with Kehlani (born 24 April 1995). Notes: Music collaborators
- business associate/partner relationship with Dr. Dre (born 18 February 1965)
- compare to chart of Tarkan (born 17 October 1972). Notes: Born on same date
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 25 December 1995 (Birth of daughter, Hailie)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Relationship : Marriage 14 January 2006 (Re-married former wife Kim Mathers)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
His mother published a biographical exposé about him in 2007 titled "My Son Marshall, My Son Eminem" in which she gave his correct birth date as October 17, 1972 in Saint Joseph, Missouri. On page 28 she says that a birth notice that appeared in the local newspaper at the time wrongly stated that he was born on October 16 at the Methodist Hospital, when in reality he was born on October 17 at Saint Joseph’s Sisters’ Hospital. She also says that some confusion about his age early in his career arose from the fact that his record company would list him as being a few years younger than he actually was, presumably so that he would appeal to a younger demographic. In this section she also notes that Marshall himself mistakenly thought that he had been born in Kansas City, Missouri, and as a result of this some of the early biographies about him list Kansas City as his birth place. The original AstroDatabank entry listed Kansas City as his birth place, although this has been updated as of January 8, 2014.
For the biography written by his mother see: Debbie Nelson, "My Son Marshall, My Son Eminem" Phoenix Books, Beverly Hills, CA, 2008 (US edition. UK edition originally published by John Blake Publishing, 2007).
Born the same date: Turkish singer Tarkan.
Born 2 days later: American rapper Pras Michel (The Fugees).
- Traits : Body : Race (English, Scottish, German, German Swiss, Polish, Luxembourgian)
- Traits : Personality : Aggressive/ brash (Confrontational, hostile)
- Traits : Personality : Attention seeking (Tattoos, bad behavior)
- Traits : Personality : Bigot (Loathes everyone)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (One biological daughter)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids
- Personal : Birth : Labor long more than 36 hrs (73 hours, mother nearly died)
- Personal : Misc. : Changed name (Stage names)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (D12)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Rapper)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Rapper
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Other Entertain/Music (Record producer)
- Notable : Awards : Grammy (15)
- Notable : Awards : Oscar