Elvira, Mistress of the Dark
|born on||17 September 1951 at 09:00 (= 09:00 AM )|
|Place||Manhattan, Kansas, 39n11, 96w34|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||23°54' 20°20 Asc. 27°24'|
American TV hostess of horror films, a unique character first creating in 1981 for a Los Angeles TV station where she commented on old movie reruns. Campy, sexy and over-the-top, she caught on and became a "personality" known as Elvira, Mistress of the Dark. A cross between Vincent Price and Mae West, she wears a costume of a long, black dress, a beehive wig and lays on a chaise lounge showing plenty of Wonderbra cleavage and leg.
Cassandra is the daughter of a salesman and a mom who had a costume shop. At two, she was scalded by boiling water and eventually had to have the scars corrected with cosmetic surgery. She became a Las Vegas showgirl and sang with a rock band that did a gig in Italy. Back in Los Angeles in 1971, she played in television bit parts and waited tabled for her steady job. When she joined a comedy troupe, her horror-hostess costume was an immediate big hit when she vamped and camped it up.
By the late '80s, Elvira was such a recognizable cult favorite that she was marketing Elvira costumes, comic books, cartoons, paraphernalia and hostessing video thrillers. Every year near Halloween she arises again from the crypt, so to speak.
In truth, Cassandra is a strawberry blonde with a sassy, brassy sense of humor. Wholesome and pretty, she is married to Mark Pierson and has an ordinary home life - except for the pet python.
- Health : Accident (Non-fatal) 1953 (Burned age two)
- Family : Change residence 1971 (Moved back to L.A.)
- Work : New Career 1981 (First became Elvira)
Richard Nolle quotes a colleague (her astrologer) from her.
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous (Attractive, known for her bustline/legs)
- Traits : Body : Hair (Strawberry-blonde, wears black wig)
- Traits : Personality : Gracious/ sociable (Personable)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Accident/Injury (Burned, age two)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Cosmetic surgery (Reconstructive scar surgery)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Same sex
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Animals, pets (Pet python)
- Passions : Sexuality : Bi-Sexual
- Passions : Sexuality : Lesbian
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Sales (Income from her Elvira line)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy (Camp)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality (Host, Elvira - Mistress of the Dark)