Elliott, Russell R.
|Birthname||Richard Russell Elliott|
|born on||2 June 1912 at 14:25 (= 2:25 PM )|
|Place||Ely, Nevada, 39n15, 114w53|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||11°58' 15°09 Asc. 17°59'|
American historian and biographer whose books include Growing Up In a Company Town: A Family in the Copper Camp of McGill (Nevada Historical Society, 1990), History of Nevada (University of Nebraska Press, 1973), Nevada's Twentieth-Century Mining Boom: Tonopah, Goldfield, Ely (University of Nevada Press, 1966), and Servant of Power: A Political Biography of Senator William M. Stewart (University of Nevada Press, 1983).
His History of Nevada, the most comprehensive one-volume history of the state, which summarizes Nevada's economic, political, and social history since 1973, was republished in a revised edition by University of Nebraska Press in 1987. He died on 16 March 1998 in Reno, Nevada, aged 86.
- Work : Prize 1998 (Nevada Writers Hall of Fame)
Birth certificate provided by Sy Scholfield.
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 86)
- Vocation : Humanities+Social Sciences : Historian
- Vocation : Writers : Biographer
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame (Nevada Writers Hall of Fame)