Elisabeth Sophie von Brandenburg
|born on||4 July 1589 Jul.Cal. (14 July 1589 greg.) at 10:30 (= 10:30 AM )|
|Place||Berlin, Germany, 52n29, 13e21|
|Timezone||LMT m13e21 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||21°35' 10°27 Asc. 29°44'|
German nobility, a Princess of Brandenburg and by marriage Duchess of Radziwiłł und Herzogin von Sachsen-Lauenburg.
She married her first husband on 27 March 1613 in Berlin. He was Janusz Radziwiłł (2 July 1579 – 3 December 1620), a noble and magnate of the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth. They had one son, Boguslaw (1620–1669). In 1628 Elisabeth Sophie sold her jointure, rulership, and the town and castle Lichtenberg in the Principality of Bayreuth to her brother Margrave Christian of Bayreuth. On 27 February 1628 she married her second husband in Toužim: Duke Julius Heinrich von Sachsen-Lauenburg (1586–1665). They had a son, Franz Erdmann (1629–1666), Duke of Sachsen-Lauenburg.
Elisabeth Sophie died on 24 December 1629 in Frankfurt an der Oder.
Link to Wikipedia biography (German)
- child->parent relationship with Elisabeth von Anhalt-Zerbst (born 15 September 1563 Jul.Cal. (25 Sep 1563 greg.))
- child->parent relationship with Johann Georg, Elector of Brandenburg (born 11 September 1525 Jul.Cal. (21 Sep 1525 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Agnes von Brandenburg, Duchess of Pomerania (born 17 July 1584 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Christian von Brandenburg-Bayreuth (born 30 January 1581 Jul.Cal. (9 Feb 1581 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Dorothea Sibylle von Brandenburg (born 9 October 1590 Jul.Cal. (19 Oct 1590 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Friedrich IX von Brandenburg (born 22 March 1588 Jul.Cal. (1 Apr 1588 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Georg Albrecht von Brandenburg (born 20 November 1591 Jul.Cal. (30 Nov 1591 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Joachim Ernst von Brandenburg-Ansbach (born 12 June 1583 Jul.Cal. (22 June 1583 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Joachim Friedrich von Brandenburg (born 27 January 1546 Jul.Cal. (6 Feb 1546 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Magdalena von Brandenburg (born 7 January 1582 Jul.Cal. (17 Jan 1582 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Sophie von Brandenburg (born 6 June 1568 Jul.Cal. (16 June 1568 greg.)). Notes: half-sibling
Sy Scholfield quotes the chronicle of events in "Allgemeine preussische staats-geschichte, samt aller dazu gehörigen königreichs, churfürstenthums, herzogthümer, fürstenthümer, graf- und herrschaften, aus bewährten schriftstellern und urkunden bis auf gegenwärtige regierung," Volumes 3-4, by Karl Friedrich Pauli (C. P. Francken, 1762), p. 299: "Elisabeth Sophia, geboren 1589 den 4ten Jul. zwischen 10 und 11 Uhr Vormittags. haftitius und Angelus haben den 3ten Jul. zum Geburtstag ange sezt." [Translation: Elisabeth Sophia, born in 1589 on the 4th of July between 10 and 11 o'clock in the forenoon. Haftitius and Angelus have the 3rd of July as his birthday.]
- Notable : Famous : Royal family