Elisabeth Alexandrine, Duchess of Mecklenburg
|born on||10 August 1869 at 05:30 (= 05:30 AM )|
|Place||Ludwigslust, Germany, 53n19, 11e30|
|Timezone||LMT m11e30 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||17°32' 19°11 Asc. 26°33'|
Duchess of Mecklenburg-Schwerin by birth, as a daughter of Friedrich Franz II, Grand Duke of Mecklenburg by his third wife Princess Marie of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt. By her marriage to Friedrich August II, she became the consort of the last reigning Grand Duke of Oldenburg.
Elisabeth was related to many of Europe's royal families. She was an older sister of Hendrik, Prince consort of the Netherlands, husband of Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands, making her an aunt of Queen Juliana of the Netherlands. She was also a younger half-sister of Friedrich Francz III, Grand Duke of Mecklenburg. Through him, she was an aunt of Alexandrine, Queen of Denmark and Cecilie, the last Crown Princess of Germany. Elisabeth was also a half sister of Marie, Grand Duchess of Russia, who was the mother of Grand Duke Cyril Vladimirovich of Russia, the pretender to the Russian throne.
On 24 October 1896, Elisabeth married Friedrich August, Hereditary Grand Duke of Oldenburg. They had five children.
Elisabeth died on 3 September 1955, aged 86, having been widowed for 24 years.
- parent->child relationship with Altburg, Duchess of Oldenburg (born 19 May 1903)
- parent->child relationship with Nikolaus, Hereditary Grand Duke of Oldenburg (born 10 August 1897)
- spouse relationship with Friedrich August II, Grand Duke of Oldenburg (born 16 November 1852). Notes: 1896-1931
- sibling relationship with Adolf Friedrich, Duke of Mecklenburg (born 10 October 1873)
- sibling relationship with Friedrich Franz III, Grand Duke of Mecklenburg (born 19 March 1851). Notes: Half-siblings
- sibling relationship with Hendrik, Prince Consort of the Netherlands (born 19 April 1876)
- sibling relationship with Maria Pavlovna, Grand Duchess of Russia (1854) (born 14 May 1854). Notes: Half sisters
- sibling relationship with Paul Friedrich, Duke of Mecklenburg (born 19 September 1852). Notes: Half-siblings
- Relationship : Marriage 24 October 1896 (Friedrich August, Hereditary Grand Duke of Oldenburg)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Death of Mate 24 February 1931 (Friedrich August, Hereditary Grand Duke of Oldenburg)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Hamburger Nachrichten," 11 Aug. 1869, p. 2: "Telegraphische Depeschen. Schwerin, den 10ten August. (Privat-depesche der „Hamb. Nachr.) Heute Morgen 5½ Uhr wurde in Ludwigslust die Großherzogin von einer Prinzessin glücklich entbunden." (Telegraphic despatches, Schwerin, 10 August (private despatch from the "Hamb. News") This morning at 5:30 o'clock in Ludwigslust the Grand Duchess was happily delivered of a princess). Wikipedia gives place as Schwerin, no source given.
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (34 years)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Five)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 86)