|born on||22 December 1886 at 23:00 (= 11:00 PM )|
|Place||Vienna, Austria, 48n13, 16e2223|
|Timezone||LMT m16e2223 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||01°03' 00°28 Asc. 20°00'|
Austrian-born German Expressionist poet. His poetry exemplifies rejection of bourgeois values and fascination with the Orient, particularly with China. He died 8 April 1950, New York.
- friend relationship with Benn, Gottfried (born 2 May 1886)
- friend relationship with Grosz, George (born 26 July 1893)
- friend relationship with Huelsenbeck, Richard (born 23 April 1892)
- friend relationship with Lasker-Schüler, Else (born 11 February 1869)
- friend relationship with Mann, Thomas (born 6 June 1875)
- friend relationship with Werfel, Franz (born 10 September 1890)
Sy Scholfield notes that the birth certificate gives 23 December but Ehrenstein writes that he was born at 11pm on 22 December: "Albert Ehrenstein Werke: Aufsätze und Essays" (Wallstein Verlag, 2004), p. 490: "Was man als meinen Körper wahrnahm, ward in dem Wiener Vorort Ottakring am 22. Dezember 1886 um 11 Uhr abends geboren. Meine Eltern rundeten diese Geburtszeit als praktische Menschen auf den 23. Dezember ab, der daher auch in den Handbüchern und Literaturgeschichten, soweit sie meiner gedenken, als mein Geburtstag angegeben wird, da ich den wahren Sachverhalt erst vor drei Jahren erfuhr."
Translation: What you perceive as my body was born on 22 December 1886 at 11 o'clock in the evening in the Vienna suburb of Ottakring. My parents rounded off the birth time as 23 December, which therefore appears in the historical literature. I learned the true state of affairs only three years ago.
- Vocation : Writers : Poet (Expressionist poet)