Edward II, King of England
|born on||25 April 1284 Jul.Cal. (2 May 1284 greg.) at 08:21 (= 08:21 AM )|
|Place||Carnarvon, Wales, 53n08, 4w16|
|Timezone||LMT m4w16 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||12°28' 26°50 Asc. 17°57'|
British royalty, the eldest surviving son of Edward I and Leonor of Castile, who reigned from 7/08/1307 OS. He married Isabel of France, daughter of Philip le Bel, on 1/25/1307/08 when he was 16 and she, 12. They were crowned together on Shrove Sunday, 2/25/1307/08.
An incompetent ruler, Charles' failure to subdue the Scots in 1314 assured Scottish independence. Finally Parliament forced him to give up the throne 1/20/1326/27. It was his homosexual relationship with Piers Gaveston and his general refusal to do what was expected of him that resulted in a rebellion led by his wife, Isabella and he was forced to abdicate in favor of his 14-year-old son, Edward III.
Edward II was murdered horribly on the following September 21st; sodomized by a red-hot poker.
- parent->child relationship with Edward III, King of England (born 13 November 1312 Jul.Cal. (21 Nov 1312 greg.))
- child->parent relationship with Edward I, King of England (born 17 June 1239 Jul.Cal. (24 June 1239 greg.))
- role played of/by Fiennes, Joseph (born 26 May 1970). Notes: 2001 play "Christopher Marlowe's Edward II"
- role played of/by McKellen, Ian (born 25 May 1939). Notes: Marlowe's "Edward II"
Martin Harvey, Nativitas I, quotes a leaf of vellum in a Latin mms from the time of Edward's birth with a chart having 15 Pisces on the MC and 18 Cancer on the ASC. (April 25 OS) Nick Campion quotes the British Library (MS Royal 12F XVII, fol.153v) for the same data but for 8:38 AM and notes that the chart could have been rectified.
(Formerly, Wemyss gave the same date, no time, in Modern Astrology 8/1937. Penfield Collection speculates 4:45 PM; in Mercury Hour he speculates 3:30 PM)
- Traits : Personality : Incompetent
- Family : Relationship : Married early less than 18 (Age 16, wife was 12)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Domestic violence (Wife led rebellion)
- Lifestyle : Work : Loss of job (Dethroned)
- Passions : Sexuality : Bi-Sexual
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Homicide victim (Assassinated)
- Personal : Death : Unusual (Sodomized by hot poker)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Britain)