Eduard, Duke of Anhalt
|Birthname||Eduard Georg Wilhelm|
|born on||18 April 1861 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Dessau, Germany, 51n50, 12e14|
|Timezone||LMT m12e14 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||28°09' 27°21 Asc. 24°31'|
German prince of the House of Ascania and the penultimate ruler of the Duchy of Anhalt from April to September 1918.
Eduard was the third son of Duke Friedrich I of Anhalt (1831–1904) and his wife Princess Antoinette of Saxe-Altenburg (1838–1908). As Eduard's eldest brother, Leopold, died without male offspring in 1886, and the next brother, Friedrich, had no issue, Eduard became heir apparent and Hereditary Prince following the death of their father, Duke Friedrich I, in 1904.
Eduard succeeded his brother Duke Friedrich II of Anhalt on 21 April 1918, but his brief reign came to an end five months later with his own death on 13 September 1918. He was succeeded by his eldest surviving son Prince Joachim Ernst under the regency of Eduard's younger brother, Prince Aribert.
Duke Eduard married Princess Luise Charlotte of Saxe-Altenburg (1873–1953) in Altenburg on 6 February 1895. She was a daughter of Prince Moritz of Saxe-Altenburg and his wife Princess Augusta of Saxe-Meiningen. They had six children before divorcing in 1918.
- parent->child relationship with Joachim Ernst, Duke of Anhalt (born 11 January 1901)
- parent->child relationship with Marie-Auguste, Princess of Anhalt (born 10 June 1898)
- child->parent relationship with Antoinette, Princess of Saxe-Altenburg (born 17 April 1838)
- child->parent relationship with Friedrich I, Duke of Anhalt (born 29 April 1831)
- sibling relationship with Alexandra, Princess of Anhalt (born 4 April 1868)
- sibling relationship with Aribert, Prince of Anhalt (born 18 June 1864)
- sibling relationship with Friedrich II, Duke of Anhalt (born 19 August 1856)
- sibling relationship with Leopold, Hereditary Prince of Anhalt (born 18 July 1855)
- Relationship : Marriage 6 February 1895 (Princess Luise Charlotte of Saxe-Altenburg)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Relationship : Divorce dates 26 January 1918 (Princess Luise Charlotte of Saxe-Altenburg)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Wiener Zeitung," 26 April 1861, p. 3: "Dessau, 19. April. Gestern Morgen ist Ihre Hoheit die Frau Erbprinzessin Antoinette von Anhalt, geborne Herzogin zu Sachsen, von einem Prinzen (das vierte Kind, der dritte Prinz dieser Ehe) glücklich entbunden worden." (Dessau, 19 April. Yesterday morning, Her Highness, the Hereditary Princess Antoinette of Anhalt, born Duchess of Saxony, was happily delivered of a prince (the fourth child and third prince of this marriage)). A birth time of 6 AM is speculative.
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (23 years)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Six)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Ascania)