|Birthname||Lenora Verna Eddington|
|born on||25 February 1924 at 15:45 (= 3:45 PM )|
|Place||Chicago, Illinois, 41n51, 87w39|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||06°02' 14°15 Asc. 15°39'|
American actress, socialite and author, best known as the second wife of actor Errol Flynn. Eddington was featured as an actress in several minor film roles.
Nora Eddington was nineteen when she met Errol Flynn in February 1943 – at the time, she was working at the courthouse where Flynn's notorious 1943 trial for statutory rape was taking place. Flynn was acquitted and they were married in August 1943 in Mexico. Their daughter, Deirdre, was born on 10 January 1945. By the time their second daughter, Rory, was born on 12 March 1947, their marriage was already essentially over. The couple were divorced in 1949, but parted on fairly amicable terms, with Eddington (now Eddington Flynn) given custody of the children.
Shortly after the divorce she married singer Dick Haymes on 17 July 1949. She and Haymes had been having an affair for some time, a fact which became public knowledge by way of the gossip columns. Her marriage to Haymes, during which she suffered a miscarriage, lasted four years, a period which Haymes later characterized in an unpublished autobiography as "not a Dick Haymes marriage". After divorcing Haymes she married Richard Black, a marriage which lasted for most of the rest of her life – they had a son named Kevin, who died from leukemia at the age of 10. Richard and Nora Black divorced sometime before her death.
Eddington wrote a book about her life with Flynn, Errol and Me, which was published in 1960.
Nora Eddington died on 10 April 2001, aged 77, after a long battle with kidney disease, at Cedars Sinai Hospital, Los Angeles.
- parent->child relationship with Flynn, Deirdre (born 10 January 1945)
- parent->child relationship with Flynn, Rory (born 12 March 1947)
- spouse relationship with Flynn, Errol (born 20 June 1909). Notes: 1943-1949
- spouse relationship with Haymes, Dick (born 13 September 1918). Notes: 1949-1953
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1949 (First divorce, Errol Flynn)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1953 (Second divorce, Dick Haymes)
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate.
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Kidney (Terminal disease)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Errol Flynn)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (Three)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Birthing - Miscarriages
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film)
- Vocation : Writers : Biographer
- Notable : Famous : Socialite