Earle, Justin Townes
|born on||4 January 1982 at 18:00 (= 6:00 PM )|
|Place||Nashville, Tennessee, 36n10, 86w47|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||14°19' 07°41 Asc. 00°42'|
American singer-songwriter-guitarist and the eldest son of alternative country artist Steve Earle who named him after singer-songwriter Townes Van Zandt. Justin Townes Earle developed a hybrid style of music mixing folk, blues and country. In 2007, he released a six-song EP, Yuma. His albums include The Good Life (2008), Midnight at the Movies (2009), Harlem River Blues (2010), Nothing's Gonna Change the Way You Feel About Me Now (2012). Earle produced Wanda Jackson's album Unfinished Business in 2012.
In September 2009, Earle received an Americana Music Award for New and Emerging Artist of the Year. In 2011 Earle received the Americana Music Award in the Song of the Year category for "Harlem River Blues".
Earle grew up in South Nashville, Tennessee, with his mother, Carol Ann Hunter Earle. At the age of two he was left by his father with his mother, but returned to live with his father after Steve Earle got clean in 1994. He dropped out of school, occasionally touring with and working for his father, eventually moving to eastern Tennessee with other songwriters. Like his father, Earle battled addiction beginning in his early teens.
Earle moved to New York City in 2009, then returned to Nashville, Tennessee for several years. Earle was married in 2013, and he and his wife lived on the west coast. Their first child, Etta St. James Earle, was born on 30 June 2017. Justin Townes Earle died on 23 August 2020 at the age of 38.
- child->parent relationship with Earle, Steve (born 17 January 1955)
- Work : Prize September 2009 (Americana Music Award for New and Emerging Artist of the Year)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Prize 2011 (Americana Music Award for Song of the Year)
- Relationship : Marriage 2013
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 30 June 2017 (Birth of daughter, Etta St. James Earle)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes his father in an interview in Behind Closed Doors: Talking with the Legends of Country Music by Alanna Nash (Rowman & Littlefield, 2002), p. 147: "J.T. was born about six in the evening." Other data from Hardcore Troubadour: The Life and Near Death of Steve Earle by Lauren St John (HarperCollins, 2004), p. 95: "Justin Townes Earle was born on January 4, 1982, at Baptist Hospital in Nashville."
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol (Now sober)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs (Spent time in rehabilitation clinic)
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (His father, musician Steve Earle)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Eldest of three)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Country-Western
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Folk Music
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Distributors; Swindlers; Dukes)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Guitarist, keyboardist)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (2x Americana Music Award)