Dunham, Stanley Armour
|born on||23 March 1918|
|Place||Wichita, Kansas, 37n42, 97w20|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
American noted family member, the maternal grandfather of the 44th U.S. President Barack Obama. He and his wife Madelyn Payne Dunham raised Obama from the age of 10 in Honolulu, Hawaii.
In addition to Obama, Stanley Dunham is related to six US presidents: James Madison, Harry S. Truman, Lyndon B. Johnson, Jimmy Carter, George H. W. Bush, and George W. Bush.
Dunham enlisted as a private in the U.S. Army on 18 January 1942 at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, and served in the European Theatre of World War II with the 1830th Ordnance Supply and Maintenance Company, Aviation. During D-Day, this unit helped to support the 9th Air Force. Dunham and his brother were deployed to France six weeks after D-Day. Madelyn Dunham gave birth to their daughter Stanley Ann Dunham, who was later known as Ann (and who became Barack Obama's mother), at St. Francis Hospital in Wichita on 29 November 1942.
After two years of military service in Europe (1943–1945), Dunham was discharged from the U.S. Army on 30 August 1945. He managed a furniture store and then worked as a salesman.
Stanley Armour Dunham died in Honolulu, Hawaii on 8 February 1992, aged 73.
- parent->child relationship with Dunham, Ann (born 29 November 1942)
- other kin relationship with Obama, Barack (born 4 August 1961). Notes: Grandkin
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 29 November 1942 at 08:34 AM in Sedgwick (Birth of daughter, Ann)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield provided birth notice, no time given (The Wichita Beacon [Wichita, Kansas], 29 March 1918, p. 11).
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted (His grandson became US president)
- Vocation : Business : Middle Management
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Sales
- Vocation : Military : Military career (Sergeant)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (WWII)