|Birthname||Richard Alan Drasin|
|born on||12 July 1944 at 21:00 (= 9:00 PM )|
|Place||Bakersfield, California, 35n22, 119w01|
|Timezone||PWT h7w (is war time)|
|Astrology data||20°37' 24°37 Asc. 05°28'|
American bodybuilder, personal trainer, actor, stuntman, author, and professional wrestler whose ring name was The Equalizer. He wrestled professionally for 36 years between 1965 and 2001, while also winning titles in amateur bodybuilding contests during his younger years. Drasin is also known for having designed both the original Gold's Gym logo — a cartoon sketch of a bald weightlifter, and the World Gym gorilla logo.
Drasin began his fitness career in 1962. He taught classes in nutrition and exercise at the YMCA before he was assigned to train with the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) champion Mae Young.
His book, So, You Want to Be a Wrestling Promoter, written with Bruce Dwight Collins, was published in March 2004.
Ric Drasin was the recipient of the first Joe Gold Lifetime Achievement Award, presented at the World Gym International Convention in Las Vegas, Nevada, on 26–28 September 2012. He died on 30 August 2020 at age 76.
- associate relationship with Gold, Joe (born 10 March 1922)
- (has as) student relationship with Menounos, Maria (born 8 June 1978)
Sy Scholfield quotes birth notice, The Bakersfield Californian (Bakersfield, California), Friday 14 July 1944, page 5, "born Wednesday night at Mercy hospital." A birth time of 9 PM is speculative.
- Traits : Body : Body builder
- Traits : Body : Size (Height: 1.83 m/ 6 ft 0 in)
- Traits : Body : Weight (101 kg/ 222 lb)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Other body problems (Carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands)
- Vocation : Art : Commercial artist (Graphic designer)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Stunt work
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (The Epics; The Hollywood Vines)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Guitar)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (Army Sergeant)
- Vocation : Sports : Wrestling
- Vocation : Sports Business : Personal Trainer
- Vocation : Writers : How To ....