|Birthname||James Robert Drake|
|born on||8 January 1929 at 23:45 (= 11:45 PM )|
|Place||Los Angeles, California, 34n03, 118w15|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||18°35' 29°57 Asc. 13°46'|
American aeronautics engineer credited as the inventor of windsurfing. Patent disputes uncovered earlier designs by Peter Chilvers and Newman Darby such that Drake accepted that he was the third inventor of the concept. However, he was the engineer who perfected the concepts of board and rig layout and the universal joint which is core to the sport.
Drake died on 19 June 2012 from complications of lung disease at his home in Pfafftown, North Carolina at age 83.
Birth certificate in hand from Sy Scholfield.
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Lung
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 83)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur
- Vocation : Engineer : Aerospace (Aeronautics)
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (Inventor of windsurfing)