|Birthname||Shirley Jean Douglas|
|born on||2 April 1934 at 08:30 (= 08:30 AM )|
|Place||Weyburn, Saskatchewan (CAN), 49n41, 103w52|
|Timezone||MST h7w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||12°12' 14°50 Asc. 19°56'|
Canadian actress, activist and noted family member, she was the ex-wife of actor Donald Sutherland (married from 1966-1970) and the mother of their son, Kiefer Sutherland. Her father was Tommy Douglas, a Canadian politician and once Premier of Saskatchewan. During the late 1960s she moved to the US with her then-husband and became active in the Civil Rights Movement.
As the daughter of Tommy Douglas, who brought Medicare to Canada, she was also one of Canada's most prominent activists in favour of the publicly funded health care system over privatized care.
The recipient of many awards for her work on stage, she was made a member of the Order of Canada in 2003.
Douglas was the mother of three children: Thomas Emil Sicks from her marriage to Canadian prairie brewery heir Timothy Emil Sicks and twins Rachel Sutherland and Kiefer Sutherland from her second marriage to Canadian actor Donald Sutherland.
By 2009, Douglas was in a wheelchair due to a degenerative spine condition that caused her severe pain. She died in Toronto on 5 April 2020 at age 86 due to complications from pneumonia.
- parent->child relationship with Sutherland, Kiefer (born 21 December 1966)
- parent->child relationship with Sutherland, Rachel (born 21 December 1966)
- spouse relationship with Sutherland, Donald (born 17 July 1935). Notes: Married 1966-1970
- role played of/by Albright, Madeleine (born 15 May 1937). Notes: 2006 TV miniseries "The Path to 9/11"
- Relationship : Marriage 1966 (Donald Sutherland)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1970 (From Sutherland)
- Work : Prize 2003 (Member of the Order of Canada)
John McKay-Clements quotes her, given in The Canadian Astrology Collection, "extremely hazy, 8:30 comes to mind."
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Pneumonia (Terminal)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Bone (Spine)
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Father)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Donald Sutherland)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Birthing - Twins, triplets, etc. (Twins)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted (Kiefer Sutherland)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Pneumonia)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 86)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film, TV, stage)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social