Dongen, Kees Van
|Birthname||Dongen, Cornelius Theodorus|
|born on||26 January 1877 at 07:00 (= 07:00 AM )|
|Place||Rotterdam, Netherlands, 51n55, 4e29|
|Timezone||LMT m4e28 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||06°30' 23°02 Asc. 17°39'|
Dutch-French Fauvist painter, landscaper and portraitist of the rich and famous. He had a gift for painting figures, and was noted for his exuberant use of vivid color. He lived in Paris from the age of 20, using his first name for cartoon and newspaper caricatures, and became a book illustrator in 1918.
Dongen was married twice, the first in 1901 and the second in 1939, and has one son. He became a naturalized French citizen in 1929.
He died 3/28/1968, Monte Carlo, Monaco.
- business associate/partner relationship with Kahnweiler, Daniel-Henry (born 25 June 1884). Notes: Kahnweiler exhibited and sold Van Dongen artworks
- friend relationship with Ten Cate, Siebe (born 27 February 1858)
- Relationship : Marriage 1901 (First)
- Work : New Job 1918 (Became a book illustrator)
- Social : Joined group 1929 (Became a French citizen)
- Relationship : Marriage 1939 (Second)
Francoise Gauquelin quotes Rotterdam Registrar, in correction of Gauquelin Vol 4/1443, which gives January 21, 1877, 6:00 PM, in error.
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One son)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Moved to France)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 91)
- Vocation : Art : Cartoonist (Cartoons and caricatures)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Painter)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection