Disney, Roy E.
|Birthname||Roy Edward Disney|
|born on||10 January 1930 at 11:50 (= 11:50 AM )|
|Place||Los Angeles, California, 34n03, 118w15|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||19°52' 23°06 Asc. 28°20'|
American longtime senior executive for The Walt Disney Company, which was founded by his father, Roy Oliver Disney, and his uncle, Walt Disney. At the time of his death he held more than 16 million shares (about 1% of the company), and served as a consultant for the company, as Director Emeritus for the Board of Directors. He is perhaps best known for organizing the ousting of two top Disney executives: Ron Miller in 1984, and Michael Eisner in 2005.
During the late 1980s and throughout the 1990s, Roy's department produced a number of commercially successful, critically acclaimed films, an era which has been called the "Disney Renaissance". The Lion King, for instance, garnered nearly $1 billion following its release in the summer of 1994.
As the last member of the Disney family to be actively involved in the company, Roy Disney was often compared to his uncle and father. In 2006, Forbes magazine estimated his personal fortune at $1.2 billion.
Disney was also a celebrated yachtsman, a member of the San Diego Yacht Club best known for his success in the Transpacific Yacht Race.
Roy Disney died at age 79 of stomach cancer on 16 December 2009 at Hoag Memorial Hospital in Newport Beach, California.
- associate relationship with Eisner, Michael D. (born 7 March 1942)
- associate relationship with Mitchell, George J. (born 20 August 1933)
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Jobs, Steve (born 24 February 1955). Notes: Professional disputes
- other kin relationship with Disney, Walt (born 5 December 1901). Notes: Uncle/ nephew
- compare to chart of Business: Disney stock (born 12 November 1957)
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Stomach)
- Family : Childhood : Family noted
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (52 years with Patricia)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Lifestyle : Work : Same Job more than 10 yrs
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy (Billionaire)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Sports (Yachtsman)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Stomach cancer)
- Vocation : Business : Consultant
- Vocation : Business : Top executive
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Disney Legends Award)