|Birthname||John Alexander Dewar|
|born on||6 June 1856 at 13:15 (= 1:15 PM )|
|Place||Perth, Scotland, 56n24, 3w28|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||15°57' 00°30 Asc. 00°17'|
Chairman of the distilling firm John Dewar and Sons, and a UK Member of Parliament.
Dewar was also a director of Buchanan-Dewar Ltd and of Distillers Company Ltd. He also represented Inverness-shire in the House of Commons from 1900 to 1917 and was twice Lord Provost of Perth. He was created a Baronet in 1907 and in 1917 he was raised to the peerage as Baron Forteviot, of Dupplin in the County of Perth.
He died in 1929
- sibling relationship with Dewar, Thomas R. (born 6 January 1864)
Paul Wright quotes birth record
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Vocation : Food and Beverage : Alcohol business (Whisky Distiller)
- Vocation : Politics : Public office (UK MP)
- Notable : Awards : Knighted (Made a baronet in 1907 and Baron in 1917)