|Birthname||Paul Jakob Deussen|
|born on||7 January 1845 at 03:00 (= 03:00 AM )|
|Place||Oberdreis, Germany, 50n3745, 7e3951|
|Timezone||LMT m7e3951 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||16°44' 29°54 Asc. 13°37'|
German Orientalist and Sanskrit scholar who 'Sanskritised' his name to ‘Deva-Sena’ as a mark of his admiration for Hinduism. Strongly influenced by Arthur Schopenhauer, Deussen was a friend of Friedrich Nietzsche and Swami Vivekananda. In 1911, he founded the Schopenhauer Society (Schopenhauer-Gesellschaft). Professor Deussen was the first editor, in 1912, of the scholarly journal Schopenhauer Yearbook (Schopenhauer-Jahrbuch). He died on July 6, 1919, aged 74, in Kiel, Germany.
- friend relationship with Nietzsche, Friedrich (born 15 October 1844)
- friend relationship with Vivekananda, Swami (born 12 January 1863)
Sy Scholfield quotes "Mein Leben (Erweiterte Ausgabe)" [My Life (Extended Edition)] by Paul Deussen (Jazzybee, 2012), p. 1850: "So war die Umgebung des Orts, an welchen ich am 7. Januar 1845 kurz vor 3 Uhr morgens leicht und glücklich ins Leben trat und am 24. Januar auf die Namen Paul Jakob getauft wurde ... in Oberdreis.
Abridged translation: I was born in Oberdreis on January 7, 1845 at 3 o'clock in the morning and baptized on 24 January with the names Paul Jakob.
- Vocation : Humanities+Social Sciences : Ethnologist (Orientalist)
- Vocation : Humanities+Social Sciences : Linguist (Sanskrit scholar)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer