|born on||18 April 1897 at 12:35 (= 12:35 PM )|
|Place||Palmanova, Italy, 45n54, 13e19|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||28°41' 16°05 Asc. 18°01'|
Italian founder of the Institute of Geology at the University which he directed until 1972. As a youth, he was a cyclist, then an official of the Alpine Brigade in WW I. In 1920, he obtained his degree in natural sciences in Milan.
A mountain climber, Desio was the leader of about 15 expeditions in most difficult places, often risky. In 1954, he organized the mythic expeditions on Kilimanjaro which were joined by Achille Compagnoni and Lino Lacedelli in an enterprise which caused great enthusiasm in Italy.
In 1987, at age 90, he organized an expedition in Nepal to measure the height of the two highest mountains in the world, Everest and K2. (Kilimanjaro)
Desio passed his 100th birthday in 1997.
- Social : End a program of study 1920 (Degree in natural sciences)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1954 (Organized expedition to Kilimanjaro)
- Work : Fired/Laid off/Quit 1972 (Left the Institute of Geology)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1987 (Organized expedition to Nepal)
Bordoni quotes B.C., Datanotizie No.13, 5/1997
- Traits : Body : Constitution hardy (Still mountain climbing after age 90)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Centenarian)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (Alpine Brigade, WW I)
- Vocation : Travel : Adventurer
- Vocation : Travel : Explorer (Alpinist, mountaineer)
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (Institute of Geology)