|Birthname||Zooey Claire Deschanel|
|born on||17 January 1980 at 06:57 (= 06:57 AM )|
|Place||Santa Monica, California, 34n01, 118w29|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||26°39' 23°05 Asc. 24°53'|
American actress, singer-songwriter, musician and producer. She is the daughter of a cinematographer and an actress and younger sister of actress Emily Deschanel.
In 1999, Deschanel made her film debut in Mumford, followed by her breakout role as Anita Miller in Cameron Crowe's 2000 semi-autobiographical film Almost Famous. Deschanel soon became known for her deadpan comedy roles in films such as The Good Girl (2002), The New Guy (2002), Elf (2003), The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (2005), Failure to Launch (2006), Yes Man (2008), and (500) Days of Summer (2009). She also received acclaim for her dramatic turns in films Manic (2001), All the Real Girls (2003), Winter Passing (2005) and Bridge to Terabithia (2007). She has played Jessica Day on the Fox sitcom New Girl since 2011, for which she has received an Emmy Award nomination and three Golden Globe Award nominations.
For a few years starting in 2001, Deschanel performed in the jazz cabaret act If All the Stars Were Pretty Babies with fellow actress Samantha Shelton. Besides singing, she plays keyboards, percussion, banjo and ukulele. In 2006, Deschanel teamed up with M. Ward to release their debut album Volume One, under the name She & Him which was released in March 2008. Their follow-up album Volume Two was released in the U.S. in March 2010, with their Christmas album A Very She & Him Christmas being released in 2011, Volume 3 in 2013, and Classics in 2014. She also received the Grammy Award for Best Song Written for Visual Media nomination for her song "So Long" which featured in the Winnie the Pooh soundtrack.
Deschanel is allergic to eggs, dairy, and wheat gluten. She used to be a vegan which, according to a March 2010 interview with Health magazine, she had to give up because her food sensitivities made it too difficult for her to stay healthy on a vegan diet.
She became engaged to singer Ben Gibbard in late 2008. They married on 19 September 2009, near Seattle, Washington. On 1 November 2011, they announced their separation. Deschanel subsequently filed for divorce on 27 December 2011, citing "irreconcilable differences." The divorce was finalized on 12 December 2012.
Having dated since mid-2014, Deschanel married producer Jacob Pechenik in June 2015. They have two children: Elsie Otter, born in July 2015, and Charlie Wolf, born in May 2017. Deschanel and Pechenik announced their separation in September 2019, and their divorce was finalized on 1 June 2020.
Deschanel started dating Property Brothers TV star Jonathan Scott after her announcement of her separation from Pechenik.
- associate relationship with Caplan, Lizzy (born 30 June 1982). Notes: co-stars on "New Girl"
- associate relationship with Gordon-Levitt, Joseph (born 17 February 1981)
- associate relationship with Raphael, June Diane (born 4 January 1980). Notes: co-stars on "New Girl"
- associate relationship with Wayans, Damon Jr. (born 18 November 1982). Notes: co-stars on "New Girl"
- friend relationship with Gyllenhaal, Jake (born 19 December 1980)
- friend relationship with Hudson, Kate (born 19 April 1979)
- friend relationship with Perry, Katy (born 25 October 1984)
- lover relationship with Scott, Jonathan (born 28 April 1978)
- sibling relationship with Deschanel, Emily (born 11 October 1976)
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship 2008 (Engaged to Ben Gibbard)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities July 2015 (Birth of daughter, Elsie Otter)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change in family responsibilities May 2017 (Birth of son, Charlie Wolf)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
PT quotes birth certificate in hand
- Traits : Body : Diet unusual (Ex-vegan)
- Traits : Personality : Unique
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Allergies (Eggs, dairy, and wheat gluten)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : ADHD
- Family : Childhood : Family noted
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Youngest of two)
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Sister, actress Emily Deschanel)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Western (Raised Roman Catholic)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star ("New Girl")
- Vocation : Entertainment : Voice-Over
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (She & Him)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Keyboards, percussion, banjo and ukulele)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Jazz
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer
- Notable : Awards : Grammy