|Birthname||Laura Elizabeth Dern|
|born on||10 February 1967 at 07:48 (= 07:48 AM )|
|Place||Santa Monica, California, 34n01, 118w29|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||21°13' 04°48 Asc. 12°32'|
American actress, director, and film producer from a noted family, whose performance in Marriage Story (2019) earned her the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress and a fifth Golden Globe Award. In 2017, she began starring in the drama series Big Little Lies, winning the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or Movie.
Laura Dern is the daughter of Diane Ladd and Bruce Dern, both Oscar-nominated actors, and related on her mother's side to playwright Tennessee Williams. Her parents divorced when she was two and she grew up with her mom. She was 12 before she formed a relationship with her dad. By nine, she was interested in acting.
Though not encouraged by her parents, Dern made a film debut as an extra in Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore. She took acting classes and had a first substantive role in Foxes at 11, and a breakthrough as a blind girl in Mask. Playing opposite her mom in Rambling Rose, they both earned Oscar nominations. In 1993 she played in the monster hit, Jurassic Park.
She and her co-star, Jeff Goldblum, began a romance at that time. By 1997 they were no longer together and she was seen in the company of Billy Bob Thornton.
Dern studies metaphysics and philosophy, practices yoga and meditation.
After several years together, she and rocker Ben Harper, 32, welcomed 6 lbs. son Ellery Walker on 21 August 2001. On 28 November 2004 the actress gave birth to their second child a daughter born at the couple's Los Angeles home. Dern and Harper married on 23 December 2005 in their Los Angeles home. In October 2010, Harper filed for divorce from Dern, citing irreconcilable differences. They briefly reconciled and attended the 2012 Golden Globe Awards together, but Dern reactivated the divorce by filing a legal response in July 2012. The divorce was finalized in September 2013.
- associate relationship with Entertainment: Twin Peaks (born 8 April 1990). Notes: Played Diane Evans, 2017
- friend relationship with Etheridge, Melissa (born 29 May 1961)
- lover relationship with Goldblum, Jeff (born 22 October 1952)
- lover relationship with MacLachlan, Kyle (born 22 February 1959)
- child->parent relationship with Dern, Bruce (born 4 June 1936)
- child->parent relationship with Ladd, Diane (born 29 November 1935)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1979 (First starring role, "Foxes")
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 21 August 2001 (Birth of son, Ellery Walker)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 28 November 2004 (Birth of daughter, Jaya)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
B.C. in hand from Frank C. Clifford. As L.D. claims to be born some years later, we have added a copy of the birth certificate, made available by Frank Clifford.
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Both parents)
- Family : Childhood : Parents divorced (Two when parents divorced)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Jeff Goldberg, Ben Harper)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Rape/ Sex crime victim (Sexually assaulted at age 14)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Metaphysical (Yoga)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Meditation
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer (Debut age 11)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Film)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ feminist
- Notable : Awards : Oscar (Best Supporting Actress)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Oscar nominations)
- Notable : Awards : Other Awards (Golden Globe)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women