|born on||18 June 1975 at 05:40 (= 05:40 AM )|
|Place||Paris, France, 48n52, 2e20|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||26°21' 17°02 Asc. 07°00'|
French and Moroccan actor, comedian, producer, director and screenwriter.
On 17 January 1990, at the train station in Trappes, he was struck by a passing train travelling at 150 km/h. He lost the use of his right arm in the accident, which killed another young man, Jean-Paul Admette, the son of the singer Michel Admette from Reunion. Debbouze was sued by the victim’s family for manslaughter but the case was dismissed for lack of proof.
In 1995, he was spotted by the bosses of Radio Nova, Jacques Massadian and Jean-François Bizot, who made him famous (Massadian would become his manager). He debuted on Radio Nova, with a film review show, Le Cinéma de Jamel and on television around 1996-1997 on cable channel Paris Première, in a TV show co-produced by Radio Nova and the channel. He took Le Cinéma de Jamel to television on Canal+ in 1998.
He acted in the movies Zonzon (1998), international box-office hit Amélie (2001), domestic hit Asterix & Obelix: Mission Cleopatra (2002), and Angel-A (2005, directed by Luc Besson).
In 2006, he acted in the historical movie Days of Glory (which he co-produced), paying tribute to the North-African soldiers who fought for France during WW2. For this movie, he got the prize for best male actor at the 59th edition of the Cannes Film Festival with Samy Naceri, Roschdy Zem, Sami Bouajila and Bernard Blancan.
In April 2008, Debbouze opened a comedy club, called Le Comedy Club, in Paris aimed at launching newcomers on the stand-up scene.
On 29 March 2008, Debbouze became engaged to French journalist and news anchor Mélissa Theuriau; the two married on 7 May 2008.
- associate relationship with Bentalha, Malik (born 1 March 1989)
- associate relationship with Dia, Wally (born 6 December 1988)
- associate relationship with Doumbia, Issa (born 10 June 1982)
- associate relationship with Ivanov, Alban (born 10 September 1984)
- associate relationship with Reg, Inès (born 20 July 1992)
- associate relationship with Tsamère, Arnaud (born 11 March 1975)
- associate relationship with Wilson, Lambert (born 3 August 1958)
- spouse relationship with Theuriau, Mélissa (born 18 July 1978). Notes: 2008-
- Health : Accident (Non-fatal) 17 January 1990 (Lost the use of his right arm)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Grazia Bordoni database, 'entertainment' file quotes Didier Geslain: from birth certificate.
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script (Screenwriter)