|Birthname||Lea Ashton Dearholt|
|born on||4 February 1894 at 02:45 (= 02:45 AM )|
|Place||Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 43n02, 87w54|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||15°34' 28°24 Asc. 07°53'|
American actor of the silent film era who appeared in 75 movies between 1915 and 1938. Dearholt worked with Universal Studios on a number of melodramas during the 1910s but usually worked outside the studio system, producing and starring in a series of "Pinto Pete" Westerns during the 1920s. He occasionally acted under the name Richard Holt.
He founded Ashton Dearholt Productions in 1924. Ten years later, Dearholt and Edgar Rice Burroughs founded the film production company Burroughs-Tarzan Enterprises when he was filming The New Adventures of Tarzan.
Ashton Dearholt married three times, to the actresses Helene Rosson, Florence Gilbert and Ula Holt. He died on 27 April 1942 at age 48 in Los Angeles.
- business associate/partner relationship with Burroughs, Edgar Rice (born 1 September 1875). Notes: Burroughs-Tarzan Enterprises
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate (no. 1205). Wikipedia has April 4 in error.
Funeral notice in The Los Angeles Times, 29 April 1942, page 16.
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer