De Mooi, CJ
|Birthname||Andrew Paul Booth ?|
|born on||5 November 1969 at 17:35 (= 5:35 PM )|
|Place||Barnsley, England, 53n34, 1w28|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||13°06' 20°48 Asc. 20°16'|
English professional quizzer, best known as a panellist on the BBC television show "Eggheads." He adopted the name de Mooi when modelling; he translates it as Dutch for "handsome", though the actual translation would be "the beautiful".
De Mooi appeared on a number of television quiz shows before "Eggheads" first aired in 2003, where he was one of five original members of the show's eponymous team.
De Mooi was a club chess player from 1990 to 2009. At the peak his chess rating was 158 ECF. In 2010 he was elected President of the English Chess Federation.
CJ moved into professional acting full time in 2011 and has appeared in plays, musicals and pantomimes.
He currently resides in Wales with his civil partner Andrew Doran. De Mooi is teetotal and a vegetarian.
Sy Scholfield quotes date, year and place from his book, "CJ: The Autobiography of CJ De Mooi: My Journey From the Streets to the Screens" (London: John Blake, 2015), p. 2. Time of birth from him in a Twitter post ("I was born at 17.35" ). Thanks to Paul Sullivan for finding these sources.
NOTE that de Mooi has also stated: "I was born at 17.25." .
- Traits : Body : Diet unusual (Vegetarian)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Same sex (Andrew Doran)
- Passions : Sexuality : Gay
- Vocation : Beauty : Model
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Plays, musicals and pantomimes)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality (Quizzer)
- Vocation : Sports : Games - Bridge/ Chess/ Other (Club chess player, 1990-2009)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer ("My Journey From the Streets to the Screens")