De Lucía, Paco
|Birthname||Francisco Gustavo Sánchez Gomes|
|born on||21 December 1947 at 10:00 (= 10:00 AM )|
|Place||Algeciras, Spain, 36n08, 5w30|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||28°39' 05°53 Asc. 19°49'|
Spanish flamenco guitarist, composer and producer. A leading proponent of the New Flamenco style, he helped legitimize flamenco among the establishment in Spain, and was one of the first flamenco guitarists to have successfully crossed over into other genres of music such as classical and jazz. Richard Chapman and Eric Clapton, authors of Guitar: Music, History, Players, describe de Lucía as a "titanic figure in the world of flamenco guitar", and Dennis Koster, author of Guitar Atlas, Flamenco, has referred to de Lucía as "one of history's greatest guitarists."
He received acclaim for his recordings with flamenco singer Camarón de la Isla in the 1970s, recording ten albums which are considered some of the most important and influential in Flamenco history.
de Lucía died on 25 February 2014 of a heart attack while on holiday with his family in Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico.
- associate relationship with Corea, Chick (born 12 June 1941). Notes: Recording collaboration
- associate relationship with Di Meola, Al (born 22 July 1954). Notes: Played in a trio with
- friend relationship with de la Isla, Camaron (born 5 December 1950)
- Death by Heart Attack 25 February 2014 in Playa del Carmen (Mexico)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Prize 20 November 2014 in Paradise (Latin Grammy (posthumously), for Album of the Year)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Eduardo Castellanos quotes a biographical note from El Pais newspaper http://elpais.com/elpais/2014/02/26/eps/1393414658_065105.html
"Fue en el número 6 de la calle de San Francisco, el 21 de diciembre. Para uso de esos seres maravillosos que aseguran creer en la enigmática voluntad de los astros, añadiré que Paco de Lucía nació a las diez de la mañana y, como es obvio a la vista de la fecha, a caballo entre dos signos del Zodíaco: Sagitario y Capricornio" (It was at number 6 calle de San Francisco, on December 21. For use of these wonderful beings who claim to believe in the enigmatic will of the stars, I will add that Paco de Lucía was born at ten in the morning and, as is obvious in view of the date, between two signs of the zodiac: Sagittarius and Capricorn) The year is 1947.
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Heart Attack)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Flamenco Guitarist)
- Notable : Awards : Other Awards (Latin Grammy)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession