|Birthname||Josette Noële Andrée Claire Dagory|
|born on||31 July 1914 at 09:00 (= 09:00 AM )|
|Place||Paris, France, 48n52, 2e20|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||07°18' 25°32 Asc. 26°42'|
French film actress, best known for playing Belle, alongside Jean Marais, in Jean Cocteau's 1946 film La Belle et la Bête ("Beauty and the Beast").
Day was the mistress of Paul Morand and later was in a relationship with famous French writer and director Marcel Pagnol, whom she met in January 1939. Their relationship lasted through part of World War II. She did not marry him.
Despite numerous parts in famous French films, Day ended her career as an actress in 1950 when only 36 years old. She retired to marry wealthy chemical businessman, Maurice Solvay. In February 1959 while on cruise in the Pacific, she and Solvay met a Tahitian girl at a Papeete market named Hinano Tiatia, whom the couple took under legal guardianship and who was the center of Solvay's inheritance dispute having not been formally adopted at the time of his sudden death in 1960.
She died in Paris at 9:30pm on 27 June 1978 at age 63.
- associate relationship with Marais, Jean (born 11 December 1913). Notes: Co-stars in "La Belle et la Bête" ("Beauty and the Beast")
- lover relationship with Morand, Paul (born 13 March 1888)
- spousal equivalent relationship with Pagnol, Marcel (born 28 February 1895)
- Death of Mate 1960 (Maurice Solvay)
Birth certificate (no. 3678) in Didier Geslain archive, 'd' pdf file, p. 47. Sy Scholfield found copy of BC and DC online .
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (One adopted daughter)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress