|Birthname||Robert Creel Davis|
|born on||6 November 1949|
|Place||Tallahassee, Florida, 30n26, 84w17|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
American actor, known for starring in the 1978 film Midnight Express and the 1982 film Querelle. For his role as the main character, Billy Hayes, in Midnight Express, he won the Golden Globe Award for New Star of the Year – Actor and the Golden Globe Award for Best Motion Picture Acting Debut – Actor.
In 1976, he was cast in the television mini-series Roots, then as Sally Field's love interest in the television film Sybil. In 1981, he played American track star Jackson Scholz in the Academy Award-winning film Chariots of Fire. He played the lead role in Larry Kramer's play about AIDS, The Normal Heart (1985).
His brother Gene is also an actor. According to an article in The New York Times published in 1987, Davis suffered physical abuse and sexual abuse at the hands of both parents. As an adult, he was an alcoholic and an intravenous drug user before becoming sober in 1981.
Davis married Susan Bluestein, an Emmy Award-winning casting director, in 1976. They had one child, Alex, a musician and a transgender man, born in 1983.
Diagnosed with HIV in 1985, Davis kept his condition a secret until shortly before his death at age 41, on 8 September 1991, in Los Angeles. He committed assisted suicide by a drug overdose. Shortly after his death, Bluestein co-authored the memoir After Midnight: The Life and Death of Brad Davis with Hilary De Vries.
- role played of/by Kennedy, Robert F. (born 20 November 1925). Notes: 1985 TV miniseries "Robert Kennedy & His Times"
- role played of/by Stauffenberg, Claus von (born 15 November 1907). Notes: 1990 TV film "The Plot to Kill Hitler"
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 23 April 1983 (Birth of child, Alex)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes birth notice, Tallahassee Democrat, 8 Nov 1949, page 4, born at Tallahassee Memorial Hospital, no time given.
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous
- Traits : Body : Race (Welsh)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : AIDS/ HIV
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs
- Family : Childhood : Abuse - Incest
- Family : Childhood : Memories Bad (Abused by both parents)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Susan Bluestein, married 1976-1991)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Assault/ Battery victim (Childhood)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Rape/ Sex crime victim (Childhood)
- Personal : Death : Suicide (Assisted drug overdose)
- Personal : Misc. : Changed name
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film, TV, stage)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Golden Globe Award)