|Birthname||Pere Francesc Joan Daura i Garcia|
|born on||21 February 1896 at 16:00 (= 4:00 PM )|
|Place||Minorca, Spain, 40n00, 4e00|
|Timezone||LMT m4e (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||02°34' 29°55 Asc. 13°19'|
Spanish Catalan visual artist whose main body of work was strongly rooted in representation and the celebration of nature, although he returned to abstract themes throughout his life. He is included in standard texts on Spanish and Catalan painting and in 33 Pintors Catalans (Barcelona, 1937, reissued 1976) by the art critic Joan Merli.
In 1927, Daura met Louise Heron Blair of Richmond, Virginia, who was studying art in Paris, and they married in 1928. Their only child, Martha, was born on September 1930. They established permanent residence in Virginia, and Pierre became a naturalized U.S. citizen in 1943.
In 1959, the Dauras built a contemporary house beside the springs at Rockbridge Baths where they lived the rest of their lives. Louise died on 10 November 1972 and Pierre on 1 January 1976. He was 79.
- associate relationship with Seuphor, Michel (born 10 March 1901)
- associate relationship with Torres Garcia, Joaquin (born 29 July 1874)
- friend relationship with Bernard, Émile (born 28 April 1868)
- has other family relationship with Casals, Pablo (born 29 December 1876). Notes: Godkin
- has other family relationship with Hélion, Jean (born 21 April 1904). Notes: Brothers-in-law
- Social : Acquired Citizenship 1943 (USA)
Sy Scholfield quotes from Pere Daura, 1896-1976: retorn a Catalunya : pintures, dibuixos i gravats by Pierre Daura and Teresa Macià (Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya, 1999), pages 140: "Pere, Francesc, Joan Daura i Garcia was born at 4:00 p.m. on 21st February, 1896 in Minorca . At 10:00 a.m. on the 2nd March of the same year his father, Joan Daura i Sendra, registered the birth in Barcelona."
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate
- Vocation : Art : Commercial artist
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Painter, sculptor)
- Vocation : Military : Combat
- Vocation : Military : Military service
- Vocation : Military : Wounded