|Birthname||Joseph Ira Dassin|
|born on||5 November 1938 at 07:30 (= 07:30 AM )|
|Place||New York, New York, 40n43, 74w0|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||12°26' 11°56 Asc. 23°10'|
American-born French singer-songwriter, the son of American film director Jules Dassin (1911–2008) and Béatrice Launer (1913–2005), a New York-born violinist.
On 26 December 1964, Dassin signed with CBS Records, making him the first French singer to sign up with an American record label. By the early 1970s, Dassin's songs were on the top of the charts in France and he had become immensely popular in that country. He was an able polyglot, who recorded songs in German, Spanish, Italian and Greek, as well as French and English. One of his most popular songs was "L'Été indien".
Dassin married twice; three sons. Dassin died from a heart attack during a vacation to Tahiti on 20 August 1980.
- associate relationship with Thomas, Frank (songwriter) (born 15 May 1936)
- friend relationship with Carlos (singer) (born 20 February 1943)
- friend relationship with Manson, Jeane (born 1 October 1950)
- parent->child relationship with Dassin, Julien (born 22 March 1980)
- child->parent relationship with Dassin, Jules (born 18 December 1911)
- compare to chart of François, Claude (born 1 February 1939)
Grazia Bordoni database, 'entertainment' file quotes Lescaut.
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Three sons)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Heart attack)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.