|Birthname||Edward Bridge Danson III|
|born on||29 December 1947 at 22:58 (= 10:58 PM )|
|Place||San Diego, California, 32n43, 117w09|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||07°44' 12°08 Asc. 25°56'|
American actor, a top favorite as the libidinous bartender Sam Malone in the award-winning TV series "Cheers," a role he played with wit, male chauvinism and pathos. The show made its debut 9/30/1982 with a final episode 5/20/1993.
The son of an archaeologist museum director, he had a pleasant childhood and an education at Stanford. Danson began his career in New York theater, soap operas and commercials, with credits in nine movies by 1990.
Lanky, 6'2", with brown hair and blue eyes, Danson loves his work and is a one-line punster, though he is self-critical. He also works on ecology projects. He made a first marriage for seven years before his marriage to Casey, an interior designer on 7/30/1977. When Casey gave birth to their daughter, Kate, 1979, she had a massive stroke left her paralyzed on the left side. It took three years physical therapy to recover. They also have an adopted daughter, Alexis. He and Casey separated in March 1992.
Danson had a romance with Whoopi Goldberg for 18 months, starting in May 1992. He and Mary Steenburgen first met in 1983 when they were both married to others. They began a relationship in August 1994 and married in Martha's Vineyard, MA on 10/07/95. He and Steenburgen co-starred in the film "Gulliver's Travels," and in a TV sitcom. His new show "Becker" premiered 11/02/1998 in which he portrays a Bronx doctor. Danson also appeared several months ago in the Showtime drama "Thanks of a Grateful Nation."
- associate relationship with Entertainment: Cheers (born 30 September 1982). Notes: Played Sam Malone, 1982-1993
- associate relationship with Entertainment: Laverne and Shirley (born 27 January 1976). Notes: Played Randy Carpenter, 1980
- business associate/partner relationship with Grammer, Kelsey (born 21 February 1955). Notes: Co-stars on "Cheers"
- business associate/partner relationship with Long, Shelley (born 23 August 1949). Notes: Co-stars on "Cheers"
- business associate/partner relationship with Ratzenberger, John (born 6 April 1947). Notes: Co-stars on "Cheers"
- lover relationship with Goldberg, Whoopi (born 13 November 1955)
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship August 1994 (Mary Steenburgen)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
B.C. in hand from the Wilsons
- Traits : Body : Size (Height of 6' 2")
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged (Well educated, affluent family)
- Family : Childhood : Family supportive
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (One adopted daughter, two step-kids)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Lifestyle : Work : Loves job
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (TV)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (Cheers)