|born on||15 August 1893 at 11:00 (= 11:00 AM )|
|Place||Châlons sur Marne, France, 48n57, 4e22|
|Timezone||LST m2e2015 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||22°47' 07°59 Asc. 29°47'|
French jewish humorist and freemason.
During World War II, Pierre Dac was one of the announcers of the BBC's Radio Londres service to occupied France. He produced a series of satirical songs which were broadcast on the station. After the war, he participated in a comic duet with the humorist Francis Blanche.
Dac is also viewed as the creator of the comic term "Schmilblick," an imaginary object that is absolutely useless, and can therefore be used for anything. In French language the word was sometimes used as a synonym for thing or stuff, or something designating a strange or unknown object. Nowadays, it is frequently used to refer to some limited help provided by someone to solve a difficult problem.
He died on 9 February 1975 in Paris.
- associate relationship with Bauer, Franck (born 2 July 1918)
- associate relationship with Blanche, Francis (born 20 July 1921)
- associate relationship with Crémieux-Brilhac, Jean-Louis (born 22 January 1917)
- associate relationship with Rauzena, Fernand (born 24 September 1900)
Birth certificate in Didier Geslain archive, 'comiques' pdf file, p. 29.
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Vocation : Entertainment : Radio/ D.J./ Announcer