|born on||25 June 1954 at 03:16 (= 03:16 AM )|
|Place||Chelsea, Massachusetts, 42n24, 71w02|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||03°12' 22°52 Asc. 03°12'|
American suicide, the 38th assisted suicide of Dr. Jack Kevorkian.
Judith was overweight and depressed, 5' 1" and 260 lbs; she claimed to have chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia. She was overmedicated, possibly with meds prescribed by her husband, psychiatrist Dr. Franklin D. Curran. While working as a nurse, she met Frank when she went to him as a patient. He testified that they began a relationships after she left his medical care; they married in 1984.
Their daughters, Catherine and Kristen, were born in 1986 and 1989. Judith and Frank had several separations and she filed a restraining order in 1993 in which she claimed to have a long history of marital physical and emotional abuse. She claimed that Frank had fractured her ribs in 1988 when she was pregnant and had punched her and threatened her.
On 8/15/1996, Judith ended her life with the aid of Dr. Jack as Frank stood by. It was the most controversial of his 38 assisted euthanasia cases inasmuch as Judith did not have a terminal disease and her depression and medications suggested that she was not making decisions with rational judgment. There was a distinct cloud over the ethical landscape with questions about her mental competence, possible drug abuse and accusations of spousal abuse, including drugs. At the time of her death, Judith was 42 and Frank, 57. She left two daughters, ages 10 and 7.
- other associate with Kevorkian, Jack (born 26 May 1928). Notes: Death assisted
- parent->child relationship with Curren, Catherine (born 20 March 1986)
- Relationship : Marriage 1984 (Frank Curren)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1986 (Daughter Catherine born)
- Health : Medical diagnosis 1988 (Claiming spousal abuse, cracked ribs)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1989 (Daughter Kristen born)
- Relationship : End significant relationship 1993 (Restraining order against Frank)
Frances McEvoy quotes B.C.
- Traits : Body : Size (5'1", 260 lbs)
- Traits : Body : Weight (Obese)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Autoimmune other (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Other Major diseases (Claimed fibromyalgia)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs (Prescription drugs)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Chronic misery (Several seperations)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Domestic violence (Claims abuse)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two daughters)
- Personal : Death : Suicide
- Vocation : Medical : Nurse/ Nurse's Aids (Nurse)
- Notable : Famous : Newsmaker (Controversial Kevorkian case)