|Birthname||Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch|
|born on||19 July 1976 at 12:00 (= 12:00 noon )|
|Place||Hammersmith, England, 51n30, 0w13|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||26°53' 28°55 Asc. 08°34'|
English actor and film producer who has performed in film, television, theatre and radio.
He is the son of actors Timothy Carlton and Wanda Ventham.
He earned an MA in Classical Acting from the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art.
He first performed at the Open Air Theatre, Regent's Park in Shakespearean productions such as "Love's Labour's Lost" (2001), "A Midsummer Night's Dream" (2001), and "Romeo and Juliet" (2002).
Cumberbatch's television work includes starring roles as Stephen Hawking in the tele-film "Hawking" (2004) and as Sherlock Holmes in the series "Sherlock" (since 2010). He also provided the voices of the British Prime Minister and Severus Snape on an episode of the animated series "The Simpsons" (2013).
His film appearances include leading roles in "The Fifth Estate" as Julian Assange (2013) and "The Imitation Game" as Alan Turing (2014) which earned him an Academy Award nomination for Best Actor.
- associate relationship with Knightley, Keira (born 26 March 1985). Notes: Co-stars in 2014 film "The Imitation Game"
- role played of/by Assange, Julian (born 3 July 1971). Notes: 2013 film, "The Fifth Estate"
- role played of/by Edison, Thomas (born 11 February 1847). Notes: 2017 film, "The Current War"
- role played of/by Eliot, T.S. (born 26 September 1888). Notes: 2011 radio play, "Tom and Viv"
- role played of/by Hawking, Stephen (born 8 January 1942). Notes: 2004 TV film, "Hawking"
- role played of/by Heisenberg, Werner (born 5 December 1901). Notes: 2013 radio play, "Copenhagen"
- role played of/by Kepler, Johannes (born 27 December 1571 Jul.Cal. (6 Jan 1572 greg.)). Notes: 2004 radio play, "Kepler"
- role played of/by Moore, Dudley (born 19 April 1935). Notes: 2009 radio play, "Good Evening"
- role played of/by Richard III, King of England (born 2 October 1452 Jul.Cal. (11 Oct 1452 greg.)). Notes: 2016 TV series, "The Hollow Crown: The Wars of the Roses"
- role played of/by Turing, Alan (born 23 June 1912). Notes: 2014 film, "The Imitation Game"
- role played of/by Van Gogh, Vincent (born 30 March 1853). Notes: 2010 TV film, "Van Gogh: Painted with Words"
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Benedict Cumberbatch" by Nigel Goodall (London: Andre Deutsch, 2014), pp. 11-12: "Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch was born on Wednesday, 19 July 1976, at 12pm, in Hammersmith, west London." Thanks to Frank Clifford.
Scholfield cannot find a birth notice in the British newspapers but has a media report of Cumberbatch's birth with no time or date ("Eee! It's Wanda's Little Wonder," Daily Mirror, 24 July 1976, p. 5.).
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Fundraiser
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Theatre, TV, film, radio)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Voice-Over (Narrator)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Film producer)