|Birthname||Patrisse Marie Cullors|
|born on||20 June 1983 at 11:25 (= 11:25 AM )|
|Place||Van Nuys, California, 34n11, 118w27|
|Timezone||PDT h7w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||28°51' 05°42 Asc. 10°01'|
American artist and activist, and a co-founder of the Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement. Other topics on which Cullors advocates include prison abolition in Los Angeles and LGBTQ rights. Cullors integrates ideas from critical theory, as well as social movements around the world, in her activism.
Cullors earned a degree in religion and philosophy from UCLA. She also received an MFA from USC. She teaches at Otis College of Art and Design in the Public Practice Program. She also teaches in the Master's Arts in Social Justice and Community Organizing at Prescott College.
Along with community organizers and friends Alicia Garza and Opal Tometi, Cullors founded Black Lives Matter. The three started the movement out of frustration over George Zimmerman's acquittal in the shooting of Trayvon Martin. Cullors created the hashtag #BlackLivesMatter in 2013 to corroborate Garza's use of the phrase in making a Facebook post about the Martin case. Cullors further described her impetus for pushing for African-American rights stemming from her 19-year-old brother being brutalized during imprisonment in Los Angeles County jails.
Cullors identifies as queer. In 2016, she married Janaya Khan, a Canadian social activist who co-founded Black Lives Matter Toronto.
- compare to chart of Davis, Angela (born 26 January 1944)
- compare to chart of Fanon, Frantz (born 20 July 1925)
- compare to chart of Lorde, Audre (born 18 February 1934)
- Relationship : Marriage 2016 (Janaya Khan)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released January 2018 (Memoir, "When They Call You a Terrorist")
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Birth certificate in hand from Viktor E.
- Traits : Body : Race (Black, African-American)
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (BA, MFA)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Janaya Khan, social activist)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Same sex (Janaya Khan)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Grant, Scholarship, etc. (Fulbright scholar)
- Passions : Sexuality : Lesbian ("Queer")
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (College)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Theatre)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ political
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ feminist
- Vocation : Politics : Party Affiliation (Democratic)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer (Memoir, "When They Call You a Terrorist")
- Notable : Awards : Public Service
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (Co-founder of BLM)