|Birthname||Jonathan Niven Cryer|
|born on||16 April 1965 at 20:15 (= 8:15 PM )|
|Place||New York, New York, 40n43, 74w00|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||26°49' 10°10 Asc. 17°00'|
American screen and stage actor and television director, born into a show business family. He made his motion picture debut as a teenaged photographer in the 1984 romantic comedy No Small Affair; his breakout role came in 1986, playing "Duckie" Dale in the John Hughes-written film Pretty in Pink. In 1998, he wrote and produced the independent film Went to Coney Island on a Mission from God... Be Back by Five.
Although Cryer gained fame with his early film roles, it took several years to find success on television; none of his star vehicles, including The Famous Teddy Z, Partners, and The Trouble with Normal, lasted more than 22 episodes. In 2003, Cryer was cast as Alan Harper on the CBS sitcom Two and a Half Men, for which he won two Primetime Emmy Awards in 2009 and 2012. Cryer received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Television in 2011.
Cryer's first professional acting effort was as gay teen David in the Broadway play Torch Song Trilogy, replacing Matthew Broderick, whom he "closely resembled". Cryer has remarked that "All of the stereotypical stuff that everybody thinks the gay community holds close, I have been a part of, except for the gay sex," and that "Everybody just assumed that I was gay" during his high school years. He has clarified that he identifies as "an effeminate heterosexual dork."
Cryer married British actress Sarah Trigger in 1999, with whom he has a son, Charlie Austin. The pair divorced in 2004. He married entertainment reporter Lisa Joyner in Mexico in June 2007. On 29 September 2009, Cryer and Joyner announced that they adopted a baby girl, whom they named Daisy.
- associate relationship with Entertainment: Two and a Half Men (born 22 September 2003). Notes: Played Alan Harper, 2003-2015
- associate relationship with Kutcher, Ashton (born 7 February 1978)
- associate relationship with Ringwald, Molly (born 18 February 1968). Notes: Co-stars in 1986 film "Pretty in Pink"
- associate relationship with Sheen, Charlie (born 3 September 1965)
- lover relationship with Moore, Demi (born 11 November 1962). Notes: Had sex, circa 1986
- Family : Parents divorced 1971
- Relationship : Marriage 1999 (Sarah Trigger)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 2004 (Sarah Trigger)
- Work : Prize 2009 (Primetime Emmy Award)
- Family : Adopted a child 29 September 2009 (Announced adoption of baby girl)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Prize 2011 (Hollywood Walk of Fame for Television)
- Work : Prize 2012 (Primetime Emmy Award)
Craft quotes Cryer in a TV interview 
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Showbiz family)
- Family : Childhood : Parents divorced (1971)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Passions : Sexuality : Other Sexual (Self-described "effeminate heterosexual dork")
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star
- Vocation : Entertainment : Voice-Over
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script (Screenwriter)
- Notable : Awards : Emmy (2x Primetime)
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame (Hollywood Walk of Fame)