|born on||30 May 1878 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Macerata, Italy, 43n18, 13e27|
|Timezone||LST m12e29 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||08°37' 16°38 Asc. 02°26'|
Italian mathematician and physicist whose study and research activity mainly focused on fluid mechanics. He was the author of a number of remarkable works both for the originality of the treatment and the novelty of the results concerning the theory of balance figures of rotating fluids and its applications to astronomy.
He also devoted himself to various problems of analytical mechanics, theory of potential, celestial mechanics, elasticity theory, differential geometry and its applications to new relativistic theories. He was also one of the few math physicists of the old guard, paying close attention and curiosity to the new atomic mechanics.
He died in Ascoli Piceno on 14 September 1959, aged 81.
Grazia Bordoni's Science file quotes Gauquelin.
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 81)
- Vocation : Education : Researcher
- Vocation : Science : Astronomy
- Vocation : Science : Mathematics/ Statistics
- Vocation : Science : Physics
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction