Cromwell, Richard (1910)
|Birthname||LeRoy Melvin Radabaugh|
|born on||8 January 1910 at 07:00 (= 07:00 AM )|
|Place||Los Angeles, California, 34n03, 118w15|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||17°29' 13°13 Asc. 16°26'|
American actor whose career reached its pinnacle with his work in Jezebel (1938) with Bette Davis and Henry Fonda and again with Fonda in John Ford's Young Mr. Lincoln (1939). Cromwell's fame was perhaps first assured in The Lives of a Bengal Lancer (1935), sharing top billing with Gary Cooper and Franchot Tone.
That film was the first major effort directed by Henry Hathaway and it was based upon the popular novel by Francis Yeats-Brown. The Lives of a Bengal Lancer earned Paramount Studios a nomination for Best Picture in 1935, though Mutiny on the Bounty instead took the top award at the Academy Awards that year.
Although gay, Cromwell was married once, briefly (1945–1946), to actress Angela Lansbury, when she was 19 and Cromwell was 35. Cromwell and Lansbury eloped and were married in a small civil ceremony on 27 September 1945 in Independence, California. After their divorce, Cromwell and Lansbury remained friends until his death, on 11 October 1960 at 1:00 AM in Hollywood of liver cancer at the age of 50.
Leslie Halliwell in The Filmgoer's Companion, summed up Cromwell's enduring appeal when he described him as "a leading man, [the] gentle hero of early sound films."
- friend relationship with Bankhead, Tallulah (born 31 January 1902)
- friend relationship with Crawford, Joan (born 23 March 1906)
- friend relationship with Cukor, George (born 7 July 1899)
- friend relationship with Dressler, Marie (born 9 November 1868)
- friend relationship with Garbo, Greta (born 18 September 1905)
- friend relationship with Isherwood, Christopher (born 26 August 1904)
- friend relationship with Sothern, Ann (born 22 January 1909)
- lover relationship with Hughes, Howard (born 24 September 1905)
- spouse relationship with Lansbury, Angela (born 16 October 1925). Notes: 1945-1946
- Death of Father 1918 (Ralph Radabaugh, from Spanish flu)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1946 (Angela Lansbury)
- Death by Disease 11 October 1960 at 01:00 AM in Los Angeles (Liver cancer, age 50)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Birth certificate in hand from Sy Scholfield, copy on file.
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (His father died)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Second of five)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (His wife, actress Angela Lansbury)
- Passions : Sexuality : Gay
- Personal : Misc. : Changed name (Screen name)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Ceramicist)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film, TV, stage)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Broadway)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star
- Vocation : Military : Military service
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction