Cox, Larry R.
|Birthname||Larry Randolph Cox|
|born on||31 May 1960 at 04:42 (= 04:42 AM )|
|Place||Chillicothe, Ohio, 39n20, 82w59|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||09°56' 14°22 Asc. 01°18'|
American police officer, killed by John Parsons, a jail escapee whose crimes subsequently placed him on the FBI Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list.
Chillicothe Police Officer Larry R. Cox was murdered by Parsons on 21 April 2005 following a gas station robbery by Parsons at 8:57 PM that night. On that evening, Chillicothe police responded to a report of a car being stolen from a restaurant at 8:42 PM. Just 15 minutes later, chased by another Chillicothe police officer, Parsons bailed out of the car and took off running. At around 10 pm, as he walked from his parents' house to his own, off-duty Officer Larry Cox also took up the foot chase, and confronted the robber in an alleyway near Chestnut and North High streets. Cox was soon shot and killed in the alley after 10 PM.
Parsons was arrested, escaped jail, and was eventually recaptured. He pleaded guilty and was given Life in prison. He is serving his sentence at the state penitentiary in Youngstown, Ohio.
- homicide perpetrator relationship with Parsons, John (born 11 February 1971)
- Death by Homicide 21 April 2005 at 10:00 PM in Chillicothe (Shot by John Parsons, age 44)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes birth notice, Chillicothe Gazette (Chillicothe, Ohio), 1 June 1960, page 2, born at Chillicothe Hospital.
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One son)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Homicide victim
- Vocation : Law : Police (Officer)
- Vocation : Law : Security guard
- Notable : Famous : Criminal cases (Victim of FBI Ten Most Wanted Fugitive)
- Notable : Famous : Newsmaker (Victim in murder case)