|born on||1 January 1923 at 17:30 (= 5:30 PM )|
|Place||Milan, Italy, 45n28, 9e12|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||10°15' 22°45 Asc. 19°38'|
Italian actress who starred in over 40 U.S. and international films in her career. Starting in Italy from the age of 15, she advanced from bits to lead roles in wartime comedies and dramas. After starring in the British-Italian film, "The Glass Mountain" in 1948, she was invited to Hollywood, where she played lead roles, spelling her name Cortesa. After a few years she returned to Europe and appeared in Italian and international productions. Cortesa was nominated for an academy award for her portrayal of a fading film star in "Day for Night" released in 1973 and she won the Best Supporting Actress award from the New York Film Critics. In 1990, she received an honorary degree for entertainment from the University of Rome.
Cortese was once married to Richard Basehart and had one son with him, the actor Jackie Basehart; they divorced in 1960. She never remarried. Cortese died on 10 July 2019, aged 96, in
- spouse relationship with Basehart, Richard (born 31 August 1914)
Bordoni quotes B.C.
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Richard Basehart)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One son)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted (Actor son Jackie Basehart)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 96)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer (Debut at 15)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women