Cordeiro, Gauss Moutinho
|born on||17 April 1952 at 01:30 (= 01:30 AM )|
|Place||Recife (Pernambuco), Brazil, 8s0314, 34w5252|
|Timezone||BZT h3w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||27°06' 24°34 Asc. 27°27'|
Brazilian engineer, mathematician and statistician who has made significant contributions to the theory of statistical inference, mainly through asymptotic theory and applied probability.
Cordeiro is a Class A researcher of the Brazilian Research Council-CNPq, Full Professor at Federal University of Pernambuco (Brazil) and Member of the Graduate Program in Statistics at the same university.
He has published more than 360 research articles in international scientific journals with referee practice (2015) and supervised more than 60 MSc dissertations and DSc theses. He was also president of the Associação Brasileira de Estatística, 2000-2002.
He was one of the founder editors of the Brazilian Journal of Probability and Statistics and its Editor in Chief between 1995-2000.
- Relationship : Marriage 1975
- Work : Great Achievement 1982 (PhD in Statistics)
Sy Scholfield provided birth entry from civil registry.
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (PhD in Statistics)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Vocation : Education : Researcher
- Vocation : Education : Teacher
- Vocation : Science : Mathematics/ Statistics
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction