Corbett, Gentleman Jim
|Birthname||Corbett, James John|
|born on||1 September 1866 at 11:00 (= 11:00 AM )|
|Place||San Francisco, USA, 37n47, 122w25|
|Timezone||LMT m122w25 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||09°04' 06°19 Asc. 15°02'|
American boxing champion who won the heavyweight title in 1892 by knocking out John J. Sullivan in round 21. Corbett lost his title to Bob Fitzsimmons in 1897. After retiring from the ring, he became the first of several fighters to act in movies.
Corbett died of cancer on 2/18/1933, Bayside, NY.
- role played of/by Flynn, Errol (born 20 June 1909). Notes: 1942 film "Gentleman Jim"
- Work : Prize 1892 (Heavyweight title)
- Work : Lose social status 1897 (Lost title to Bob Fitzsimmons)
Penfield Collection spec. Old-file has 11:25 AM
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Terminal)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Secondary)
- Vocation : Sports : Boxing (Heavyweight)
- Notable : Awards : Sports Championship (Heavyweight title)
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book