|Birthname||Cindy Arlette Contreras Bautista|
|born on||26 June 1990 at 19:00 (= 7:00 PM )|
|Place||Ayacucho, Peru, 13s07, 74w13|
|Timezone||-05 h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||05°06' 00°43 Asc. 23°58'|
Peruvian lawyer and advocate for women's rights, she is an International Women of Courage Award recipient (2017), and was also included in the 2017 TIME 100 list of the most influential people and listed as part of the 2018 BBC's 100 Women.
Contreras came to notice after she was assaulted at a hotel in Ayacucho by her then boyfriend, Adriano Pozo Arias, on 15 July 2015. Security cameras recorded her being battered and dragged screaming by her hair. The attack left her with damage to one of her legs, necessitating the use of a cane. Contreras went public with her demand for justice and pressed her case in the media.
The evidence against her assailant was sufficient for a conviction but a three judge panel decided that he should be given a suspended sentence in July 2016. The violence toward her and the treatment afterward became a rallying point for the nationwide NiUnaMenos (Spanish: Not one less) movement which campaigns against femicides and violence against women in Peru. The march in Lima was said to be the largest demonstration ever in Peru. In November 2016, the Appeals Tribunal of the Ayacucho Superior Court threw out the conviction and ordered a new trial on charges of attempted rape and attempted femicide. On 8 July 2019, he was convicted to 11 years in prison for attempted femicide, but cleared of attempted rape.
- assault/ battery perpetrator relationship with Pozo Arias, Adriano (born 8 September 1990)
- Work : Prize 2017 (International Women of Courage Award)
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate ("Virginia Nadir Contreras Bautista").
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Accident/Injury
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Assault/ Battery victim
- Vocation : Education : Public speaker
- Vocation : Law : Attorney
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ feminist
- Notable : Famous : Newsmaker (Famous people lists)