|Birthname||Hedwig Margarete Elisabeth Martius|
|born on||27 February 1888 at 02:30 (= 02:30 AM )|
|Place||Berlin, Germany, 52n29, 13e21|
|Timezone||LMT m13e21 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||07°56' 02°09 Asc. 12°53'|
German phenomenologist known for her work on an ontology of reality. She married Theodor Conrad who helped provide for her as women academics tended to struggle to make a living at the time. As she had one Jewish grandparent her work was stalled by the rise of Nazism. At some point she became a Christian mystic, religiously active as a Protestant. Edith Stein's interest in Catholicism came during a visit to her home. Although Protestant, Conrad-Martius would late receive a dispensation so she could be Edith Stein's godmother. Conrad-Martius died in Munich on 15 February 1966, aged 77.
- has other family relationship with Stein, Edith (born 12 October 1891). Notes: Godparent/ godchild
- Relationship : Marriage 1912 (Theodor Conrad)
Sy Scholfield provided birth registry entry from Berlin Archives. Death date and place in margin.
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Western (Protestant)
- Vocation : Humanities+Social Sciences : Philosopher (Phenomenologist)
- Vocation : Religion : Other Religion (Christian mystic)
- Vocation : Writers : Religion/ Philosophy (Phenomenology)