Collins, Jason "Ratboy"
|Birthname||Jayson Lee Collins|
|born on||4 July 1974 at 20:07 (= 8:07 PM )|
|Place||Santa Cruz, California, 36n58, 122w02|
|Timezone||PDT h7w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||12°44' 19°20 Asc. 07°56'|
American aerial surfer, nicknamed 'Ratboy,' who dominated the sport in the mid 1990s, becoming known for his extensive repertoire of aerial manoeuvres, Double grabs, reverses, and 360 airs, many of which he pioneered. Collins is also an accomplished longboarder and is well known for his overall riding style.
He landed a backside 360 air during the Expression Session at the O'neill Cold Water Classic in 1994 when other competitors were doing top turns and roundhouse cutbacks. By landing that air, Collins defined his persona in the surfing world. He is a staple at surf competition air shows, has been published on multiple magazine covers and has a line of signature surfboards with the Stretch label.
Sy Scholfield provided copy of birth report, Santa Cruz Sentinel (Santa Cruz, California), 11 July 1974, page 28, born at Dominican Hospital.
- Traits : Body : Size (Height: 5 ft 9 in/ 1.75 m)
- Traits : Body : Weight (135 lb/ 61 kg)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Grant, Scholarship, etc. (Sponsorships)
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur
- Vocation : Sports : Water sports (Aerial surfer)
- Notable : Awards : Sports Championship (Surfing)
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator