Collins, George E.
|Birthname||George Edwin Collins|
|born on||10 January 1928 at 01:00 (= 01:00 AM )|
|Place||Lincoln, Iowa, 42n16, 92w42|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||18°48' 26°49 Asc. 24°04'|
American mathematician and computer scientist who invented garbage collection by reference counting and the method of quantifier elimination by cylindrical algebraic decomposition.
He received his PhD from Cornell University in 1955. He worked at IBM, the University of Wisconsin–Madison (1966–1986), Ohio State University, RISC-Linz, Delaware University, and North Carolina State University.
George E. Collins died on 21 November 2017 in Madison, Wisconsin at age 89.
- Work : Great Achievement 1955 (PhD)
Birth certificate in hand from Sy Scholfield, copy on file.
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (PhD)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 89)
- Vocation : Science : Mathematics/ Statistics
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator