|Birthname||James Michael Cochran|
|born on||29 May 1981 at 15:20 (= 3:20 PM )|
|Place||Burlington, Vermont, 44n29, 73w13|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||08°19' 16°33 Asc. 10°42'|
American World Cup alpine ski racer who specialized in the technical events and whose best World Cup finish was seventh in a Giant slalom in December 2005.
He represented the U.S. in the Winter Olympics in 2006 and 2010 and the World Championships in 2005, 2007, and 2009.
Cochran's best Olympic finish was 12th in the slalom in 2006, and his best result at the world championships was tenth in the slalom at Val d'Isère in 2009. He won U.S. national titles in the giant slalom and slalom on successive days in 2004 at Alyeska in Alaska.
Cochran is the son of Bob Cochran, one of the "Skiing Cochrans" family of Richmond, Vermont. He is the nephew of Lindy Cochran Kelley, Marilyn, and Barbara Cochran, and a cousin of Tim, Robby and Jessica Kelley, and Ryan Cochran-Siegle.
- other kin relationship with Cochran-Siegle, Ryan (born 27 March 1992). Notes: Cousins
- other kin relationship with Kelley, Robby (born 26 May 1990). Notes: Cousins
- other kin relationship with Kelley, Tim (born 20 May 1986). Notes: Cousins
Sy Scholfield provided copy of birth certificate.
- Family : Childhood : Family noted ("Skiing Cochrans")
- Vocation : Sports : Skiing (Alpine ski racer)
- Notable : Awards : Sports Championship (World Cup alpine ski)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (Olympic competitor)