|Birthname||John Shelton Clarke|
|born on||14 April 1931 at 19:56 (= 7:56 PM )|
|Place||South Bend, Indiana, 41n41, 86w15|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||24°09' 21°41 Asc. 12°57'|
American actor recognized for originating and portraying Mickey Horton on the NBC soap opera Days of Our Lives for 39 years, beginning with the debut of the program in 1965, until he retired early in 2004 because of health concerns. He was replaced in the role by John Ingle, who left the program in 2006.
In 1959, Clarke acted with Ida Lupino in an episode of CBS's The Twilight Zone titled "The Sixteen-Millimeter Shrine." In the 1961-1962 television season, he was cast in 27 episodes as Patrolman Joe Huddleston in Leslie Nielsen's ABC crime drama series, The New Breed.
His daughter is actress Melinda Clarke, who started out on Days of our Lives and later played Julie Cooper-Nichol on the television series, The O.C..
John Clarke died on 16 October 2019 at age 88 in Laguna Beach, California.
- associate relationship with Entertainment: Days of Our Lives (born 8 November 1965). Notes: Played Mickey Horton, 1965-2004
- Work : Prize 2005 (Daytime Emmys Lifetime Achievement Award)
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate stating John Shelton Clarke (yes "Clarke") born at Epworth Hospital in South Bend.
Previously Stephen Przybylowski quoted birth certificate in hand, noting his last name is spelled without the final "e" on the b/c and the place is not given, only the county of St. Joseph. No hospital is listed as well.
Some websites incorrectly give 1932 as year of birth.
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 88)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film and TV)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star
- Notable : Awards : Emmy (Lifetime Achievement Award)