Clancy, Joanne S.
|born on||16 April 1917 at 07:00 (= 07:00 AM )|
|Place||Erie, Pennsylvania, 42n08, 80w05|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||25°55' 17°47 Asc. 24°21'|
American publisher and Editor in Chief of American Astrology. Began tenure as editor February 1953, retired 1984. Author of "A Way Out From In," a collection of inspirational essays. Together with her husband, Paul, Joanne built AA from a fledgling journal to a major popular magazine. They published the work of many well-known astrologers such as Cyril Fagan, Donald Bradley, (a.k.a Garth Allen), and Jim Lewis.
They particularly supported sidereal astrology, being among the first and most consistent publishers of articles of this discipline.
After Paul suffered a coronary thrombosis in 1953, Joanne, 20 years younger, took over the reins as editor-publisher and continued to keep it a thriving venture until her retirement in 1984. She died in 4/08/2000, the week before her 83th birthday.
- spouse relationship with Clancy, Paul (born 29 June 1897). Notes: Happy
- Work : New Career February 1953 (Editor in chief of American Astrology, 31 years)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Retired 1984 (Stepped down from AA)
LMR quotes her 1983, time from her mom
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Age difference more than 15 yrs (Husband 19 years older)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed
- Lifestyle : Work : Same Job more than 10 yrs (31 years)
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Astrologer (Pro)
- Vocation : Writers : Astrology (Articles, essays)
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor (Editor in Chief of American Astrology)
- Notable : Book Collection : Occult/ Misc. Collection